Why does it feel like it’s been 10 months since I last blogged, yet it’s just been a week? Well then, Guess who’s back? ehehehe
It has been a crazy past week though ;with exams, work and taking up valentine cake orders. But I still thank God that I am able to do what I love most, which is to cook!!!
So today, I made this very tasty vegetable stir fry using pasta, but the amazing part of it all, was that I baked it after with cheese.
Yum! It is very simple, and can be a way of doing away with boring stir fry.
- Pasta (Ofcourse!)
- 1 bowl of green peas
- 1 bowl of sweet corn
- A bowl of red, yellow , orange and green peppers ( Finely chopped)
- 1 big bowl of shredded cheese
- 1 tea spoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Parsley (Finely chopped)
- 1 bowl of carrots ( Cut into small cubes)
- Chopped onions
1. Boil your pasta, to a favorable degree of softness. Tip: Do not let the pasta overcook, because it will become sticky and will clump together
2.In another pan, pour a good amount of olive oil and begin to fry your onions until they are cooked, but not brown.
3.Add your carrots and peppers, since they both take longer to cook. Add your salt and pepper then Stir slightly, and cover to let it simmer for bout 10 minutes.
4.Once your carrots are cooked, but not too soft, add the corn and peas as you continue to stir. Cover the pot once again and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes before you add your pasta.
5.Drain all the water from your the pasta, then evenly mix it with your vegetables , still in the pan.
6. Take your pan and spread out half your pasta carefully. Sprinkle some cheese, then go again with the rest of the pasta and do the same thing. Tip:Ensure that the cheese that goes at the top is the most, so as to give an impeccable presentation.
7.Place the pan in the oven and bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes just until the top browns just a little. (Ya know what I mean).
To Serve :
Sprinkle some parsley and have with some kind of gravy. I had mine with some spicy beef stew and still enjoyed it.