So here we are ! This is a complete DIY section where you just play along with your cakes and your buttercream frosting. Have these made for that special someone, or your family this valentine’s and watch them fall in love.
VANILLA FROSTING FOR VANILLA CAKE.
For Vanilla frosting, you will need: Icing sugar, butter, Vanilla, milk and icing sugar. Beat these together as you keep adding one ingredient after another to achieve a fine consistency
- Divide the cake into two then frost gently and sprinkle some coconut.
2.Crumb coat the cake and chill it for about 20 minutes. ( Crumb coat and chill) LOL
3. The cake is now stiff, and is ready to decorate. Use piping bags, and feel free to color your frosting as well.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING FOR RED VELVET CAKE
You will need: Icing sugar, cream cheese, Vanilla and butter. Beat them together gently to achieve a smooth but not runny mixture.
- Again, divide the cake and frost in between.
- Decorate the cake using strawberries, chocolate, fondant etc. Completely optional
- Take all the crumbs you had saved from the crumb coat step.
- In a bowl, mix them with a bit of frosting depending on the cake ie) mix red velvet crumbs with cream cheese frosting.
- Now form them into a small sphere then dip into melted chocolate and leave to dry a bit and serve.
- Feel free to add some sprinkles and candy to make it more valentine like.
- Check my previous post on how to bake red velvet and vanilla cakes.
2. Color your frosting using wilton’s icing colours and decorate your cupcakes however you want.
MARSHMALLOW AND STRAWBERRY ‘MSHIKAKI’
You will need: Chocolate syrup, marshmallows and strawberries.
Take your skewers and pierce through the strawberry, then the marshmallow until your stick is full, but you still have room for holding. Lie them on your baking sheets, then pour out the chocolate syrup horizontally but in a spiral motion.
I hope you all have fun doing this, have an amazing Valentine’s day, and remember to spread the love.
-Check my previous post for red velvet and vanilla cake recipes!