I hope y’all are having a good week so far . We all have made, or still make French toast for breakfast, as it is one of grandma’s favourites and a preferable day- starter for many. Well, on my recipe today, I decided to spice it up a little by adding cinnamon and banana, which at the end of it all, gave it a unique taste and spongy feel.
- 1 Overripe banana
- 2 spoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 small cup of warm milk
- 3 slices of bread
- 2 table spoons of honey
- Blend the banana, honey and milk together until you get one smooth consistency.
2. Break the eggs in a bowl and mix with the blended mixture. Add the cinnamon, and mix.
3 . Pour little oil in a pan and put the heat on high.
4. When the oil gets hot enough, deep the bread in the mixture as you gently place it in the pan to fry.
5. Cook on both sides to get the desired brown colour.
Spread some butter or honey and have with a glass of milk, tea or even a cup of coffee. Also feel free to add some blueberries or strawberries on the side just to balance it out.
All photos taken by the owner of the blog.