Hello there wonderful people!
So after a lot of thinking and weighing of recipes, I decided to share something new. See I have been too focused on lunch, dinner, and almost forgot our essential.. breakfast!! These rolls or buns, or whatever you call them, had been my favorite growing up. They are the most gorgeous things on earth too, plus the most tasty. From the buttery taste, to the layered look, to the soft texture..All just yummy!
Remember, working with yeast takes a while since it has to rise completely to produce the best bread. Therefore, put on your best show for this job, or that movie that you have been meaning to watch, but still be mindful of the times.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp of yeast
- 4 tbsp of butter
- Prepare your kitchen counter with extra flour ready for kneading.
- Take the butter and melt it in a sauce pan on very low heat. Stir it if you like.
- Begin adding your other ingredients one after the other as you keep stirring. Sugar, salt, eggs and milk
- Once they have come to a uniform temperature ( Lukewarm and very comfortable to the touch), add the yeast, stir and let it sit for 2 minutes.
Tip: Yeast requires a warm environment in order to activate it. So be very careful.
6. When the dough becomes thick enough, knead it slightly and cover your pan for 1 hour. It will have doubled in size.
8.At this point, the dough is no longer as sticky, so move it over to a dusted surface and knead for a bit.
9.Divide the dough into portions, roll them out into thin ropes and fold them in as you place them next to each other in an oven tray
11. Bake for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
Let them cool down completely, then have them with tea or coffee for breakfast or with soup for dinner .