Hello dish with trysh’ers! ( Okay I just made that up)
This is for all my fellow tea lovers that are willing to say no to $5 tea everyday. So if you are one of them, don’t worry for I am here for you. I just realized that If you have Starbucks Chai tea latte thrice a week for a month, you have spent $60! That is my phone bill people. Think about it, if you went ahead and just made that same tea/ coffee that you so so fancy, you will spend way less than that, yet you will use the ingredients for a longer period of time. My simple recipe tells you how to use the masala to achieve that Starbucks Chai.
- 1/2 table spoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp of black pepper
- 4 green cardamon seeds
- A pinch of cloves
- 3 tbsps of tea leaves
- 1 litre of milk
- 200 ml of water
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Ground ginger
- Try to grind all your ingredients together using a mortar and pestle.
- Add your milk and water in a pan and put to boil.
- Add all your ingredients together, cover, then increase the heat and let it boil for about 3 minutes.
5.You know the tea is done when it gets to a fast boil and you notice a colour change.
6. In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream until fluffy.
Pour out the cream or whipped cream on the tea and serve. Have with any snack of your choice.