Spring is here!!!… guys seriously what could possibly be better than this? Lamb is definitely my favorite kind of red meat, and when combined with spring vegetables, it gets even better.
My very simple, step by step recipe will get you cooking!
- Lamb – I used the bone in lamb stew pack.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- Can of green beans
- 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds
- Bay leaves
- 1 tea spoon of coriander powder
- 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon of garam masala ( optional)
- 4 table spoons of crushed tomatoes
- Spring vegetables- Green pepper, Green peas, baby carrots
- Salt to taste
- 2 table spoons of royco/beef cubes dissolved in 1.5 cups of warm water
1.Pour some vegetable oil in your pan and begin frying your cumin seeds and bay leaves slightly. Once it starts steaming, add the lamb in portions as you keep on stirring.
2. Stir the lamb in evenly, reduce your heat then cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
Tip: Keep stirring in between to ensure that the meat is evenly cooked
3. Add salt, turmeric, onions and tomatoes then cover again to slightly dissolve the onions. After about 5 minutes, begin to stir again and add the royco water.
4 Add the potatoes and carrots and cover the pot to allow them to cook.
Tip: Do not let the potatoes overcook, keep piercing them with a fork to check.
5.Once all your potatoes and carrots are cooked, pour the green beans as well as the peas. Reduce the heat, and cover for 5 minutes.
Tip: I used the already cooked green beans and peas. Feel free to however add them with the potatoes and carrots if raw.
6 Gently stir in all your ingredients and serve.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and some sliced green peppers to give it more color and to achieve that springy look. Have with rice or naan to balance it out.