Have you ever had so many potatoes in your house and realised that you don’t have anything to do with them? Sometimes to the point that they begin growing and almost going bad? Yep! We all do. Don’t sweat it. Here is a recipe that can help prevent wastage.
- 15 potatoes (Peeled)
- 2 spoons of red chillies
- 1 big onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 tea spoons of cumin seeds
- 1 bunch of cilantro (Finely chopped)
- 2 pinches of salt (Add to taste)
- 2 eggs ( beat in a bowl)
- Bread Crumbs
- Place the potatoes whole in a dish with a lid and microwave for 10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool.
2.After the potatoes are cool and soft enough to mash, add the onions, cilantro, cumin seeds, salt and pepper then begin to mash.
Tip: Do not boil the potatoes, rather microwave them to avoid them from getting soggy.
3. Shape the potatoes into round cutlets as you deep them into the egg one by one which will act as ‘glue’ or a ‘stick on’ for the bread crumbs.
4 When they are all covered in bread crumbs , deep them into hot oil in a pan and begin to fry them.
5. Remove them as soon as they turn golden brown and serve while still hot. Add Chutney to taste.
Try the recipe, and feel free to leave comments. 🙂